December to Remember 2

At this point, I think it's important to paint a vivid picture of my new position. Almost every junior staff envied my promotion but I didn't want it especially after I got to know that it was a mere title without much benefits attached to it. Asides doing regular jobs like every other junior staff, my schedule increased since it meant that in the absence of the manager and his assistant, I would be in charge of  activities at our exclusive rooftop bar which was our major attraction. 

Every junior staff dreamed of being transferred to that spot but their reasons were not because they loved the job, no way. They were more interested in the heavy tips, the possibility of being poached by scouting managers of new hotels and the daily dose of  juicy gossips from the first strata class. For the young ladies amongst us, it meant they had to put in extra effort into dolling up their faces and slimming their uniforms to amplify their physical endowments just incase a rich single man wanted to mingle with the lowly but beautiful. 

In my opinion, that was just wishful thinking which flowed from too much Nollywood viewing. There was no way I was going to live my life to impress a group of confused young people who were privileged to be born with golden and diamond studded spoons. Anyway, back to my December experience.

Sometime in 2021, a new hospitality company sprang up down the road and affected our business and as expected, our clientele dropped but the exotic rooftop bar was still a fancy for the regulars. By the 20th of December, in order to cut cost, the company encouraged the staff to take their annual leave and I hurriedly applied. I saw it both as an opportunity for me to visit the orphanage and celebrate Christmas with my large and growing family and an escape from the strains of my job. I was already exhausted of witnessing the splurging by the wealthy, mostly arrogant customers I was bound to serve. 

I was already planning my trip when I was called in by the assistant manager... 





MORE:

Comments

  1. We don't need this suspense now. Kindly, post the remaining part of the story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7