Afloat E.10



We are each of us angels with only one wing and we can only fly by embracing one another. 

- Luciano De Crescenzo

_____________________

Where is she?” I asked the moment he answered my call.

 “Brad asked her to stay behind after the rehearsal.”

 “And you left her and went home?” Rage ran through my veins.

 “It’s not what you think. They went to pick up the costume after his mistress left. I saw them driving away and my car was bad so there was no way I could have gone after them on foot without blowing my cover. You know your sis is too smart...”

I hated excuses and he was throwing flimsy ones at me. He had no reason for failing at his duty. I cursed profusely and nearly threw my phone against the fence where I had gone to make the call for fear of my mother overhearing my conversation. The thought of my sister driving off with that fool made my blood boil. 

Tony would get his punishment later; I thought. Right now I needed to focus on my sister.

 “So why is she not home yet?”

 “What! I...I” He stuttered in my ear and I punched the wall so hard my knuckles cracked and I knew they were bleeding. But that was not my concern.

 “You have sixty seconds to get here.”

I cut the call on him and walked back to the house. At the door I stopped to take calming breathes because I didn’t want to get my mother more upset. She was saying her rosary when I walked in so I headed for the study; my dad's former home office and the hidden vault he had shown me before he passed on. Maneuvering the books to the side I keyed in the codes known only to me and pulled out the gun I had concealed in it; there was no way I was going out naked. 

The vault was where dad kept extra cash and private items which were sold or pawned at some point during his ailment. Since I took over the study, it had become a safe place for my toys. I knew my Mom would be displeased if she found any weapon inside the house so I always kept them in the vault whenever I came visiting and of course there was another reason: Dapper...the girl had a skill of discovering all my secrets.  

I noticed that my knuckles had stopped bleeding so there was no need to pull out the first aid box. After arranging my shirt I stepped out and smiled at my mother. She frowned up at me.

 “I am going to get Dapper...she is stranded at the bus stop.”

I twisted the truth, it wasn't actually a lie. she nodded at me and continued with her prayers. I shut the front door behind me as Tony was stepping into our compound.

 NEXT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7