Surprise III


(pic credit: Pinterest)
Previously

If the clueless young man we had met earlier at the reception was by her side, it only meant she wasn't a client like the rest of us, I analyzed as I watched her engrossed in a discussion with the man

She should be the director's secretary or personal assistant. Since he had fled, they probably brought her in to confuse us. As a home boy, I didn't need anyone to reveal what her daily job schedule would look like. My anger resurfaced.


These people are funny, so they think throwing their coquettish secretary at us would make us back down? Whoever gave them that notion should be psychologically evaluated.


So you think she is sexy? That voice in my head queried again. Even a blind man would testify to that, I justified while trying to resist the urge to stare at her.

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen." Her voice suited her frame, I thought absent mindedly; "Let me start by apologizing for..."

"Save us the apologies!" I grated and everyone in the room turned towards me; "We want to see the country director and no one else. So it's either you get him in here or  you kindly excuse us."

She turned towards me and our eyes met for the first time. She smiled seductively and settled that body that was getting me all worked up into the vacant white leather swivel chair.

"Pardon my manners," she continued; "I should have started with an introduction."

"With due respect lady, we don't want to know who you are. Kindly get the Director and stop wasting our time!"

One of the men fired at her from the crowd and the others echoed a yes in solidarity.

We all watched as she fluidly opened a file the young man placed in front of her. She smiled at the faces staring at her. It suddenly dawned on me that I was beginning to like that smile in a strange way.

Guy, you have shamelessly fallen for this girl so stop arguing; that voice now taunted. Don't forget Anna, your fiancee. Your wedding is in two months man, let it go! I gulped down the last drink of water, trashed the cup and tried to focus on a spot on the conference table.

The firm voice of the man beside her rang out clearly and drowned out our muttering;

"Permit me to introduce Ms. Andrea Mark, the CEO Mark & Sable (M&S) "

Wait a minute, she is what?  My dazed mind tried to analyze the information but it didn't add up.

The room fell silent as the reality hit us. The resilient, inspiring, committed and phenomenal Andrew Mark who had singlehandedly revived a dying global legacy we have all heard about was not a man as rumoured but a strong, captivating and exquisite young lady named Andrea and not Andrew. 

The surprise sapped all my energy and l suddenly felt a strong urge to sit down. Pulling out a chair, I dropped into it as she calmly proceeded with the meeting.

I had fallen in love with my legend...

The End.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7