Chief Daddy (Movie Review)

Chief Daddy! Chief Daddy!


That was how I went to see that movie oo. The lobby of the Cinema was filled with eager youths, parents and children. At first I thought it was a Crusade or a tournament...probably the super Eagles were playing a match. I was wondering; "warris happening here?"

I joined the very long queue and was feasting my eyes on all the nude and semi nude, the handsome and wannabe guys and girls when one hoarse voice said;

 "NEXT! Welcome Madam."

It was my turn to be attended to. I looked up and smiled at the frowning face of a smallie; 

Why would a sales rep be frowning  like this? "Maybe them never pay am salary" I thought to myself. Oh well, he won't use his own to spoil my fine mood;

"Chief daddy ticket for 2 please!"

"N3,500 each, that's N7000. Are you paying with cash or POS?"

Omó my heart stopped small.

Why did they hike the price from the usual 1,500 nah? Kai, Nigerians oo!!! Na Michael Jackson dey d movie (is the movie featuring Michael Jackson)? 3,500 grand from all these people and many more nation wide for a movie? These people don hammer oo (the movie owner has become wealthy)!! See exploitation!! My lawyer mode became activated.

"Madam move to one side please. NEXT!"

I became pissed off; imagine this boy oo! How many movies has he seen since he started working here yet he is giving me attitude! My hard earned N3,500 could buy me 50 CDs of the movie which I could watch at anytime and give away to friends as Christmas gift. 7k would buy that Chinese gown I saw on my way or is it that Law report?...the usually docile arithmetic part of my brain calculated and summed everything up sharply.

Anyways, to support our local content, I paid that fee. What mattered most was that I got to support a good cause, which was better than buying pirated copies.

So what's my movie review? Click Here

#chiefdaddy #cinema #nikkyivyblog #mymoviereview

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7