N421 Million...


If you were paid N421Million for being a good citizen of Nigeria what would you do?


I have been pondering over that question ever since it was confirmed that the REAL Ikoyi whistle blower who assisted the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to recover $43.5 million, £27,800 and N23.2 million at No. 16 Osborne Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, yesterday received N421Million commission by the ministry of Finance. The FGN also promised to pay the balance next year.


This news deserves a standing ovation. Naija is indeed changing for the better and I must confess that I am impressed with the FGN for finally being responsive with the payment. This will definitely encourage others to speak up against financial crimes, corrupt practices and money laundering.

However, our witness protection program needs to be extensive so as to protect witnesses who are or would be threatened during or after blowing the whistle. Nobody wants to collect millions and not be alive to enjoy it.

That said, I learned that our whistle blower did not run mad as predicted by the FGN. No way!! The sharp man received his alert and jetted out of the country with his millions. No time for pleasantries. 

If I were in his shoes, I would surely do same... lol!!

Comments

  1. 1st; i will flee Naija because i don't want to be Evansed.
    2. i will marry my gf. it has been long and no money to marry her. i will take her with me when running.
    3. i will do plastic surgery, then come back to Naija, with a new face, buy a house in the city, Abj will be fine and flex my money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! He is a sharp guy but I heard Federal government is still owing him half of the money. Maybe, he I will come back when the one he traveled with is finished :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is good news because they nearly gave the money to an impersonator. Hopefully, he will spend the money wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to be a whistle blower too. Seriously searching for money in any unfinished house I see. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7