Who needs Vals day Stress


Nikky, I have decided to share my thoughts with you tonight although I have a feeling you might find it hard to publish it on your blog. Don't take this the wrong way, I love your narrative of how Nigerians celebrate Valentine's Day, but sincerely I do not think we have anything to celebrate.

In fact I think Nigerians are delusional and love copying everything foreign. We too like copy and paste joor!

I'm fed up with the idea of people exerting all their energy just to impress a supposed loved one on a day someone else decided should be special. To make matters worse, the story about St. Valentine is vague and shrouded in mystery.

In my opinion, my better half and I deserve to pick a day we consider special. We should not be bullied into accepting February 14th as Lovers’ Day.

What if I want to celebrate love every day?
Why would a girlfriend make her boyfriend lose sleep all because he failed to follow the crowd by giving her a Vals day treat or taking her to all these exploitative shows and events by people who have a plan to make sharp money? Imagine paying 300k for a table with candles haba! We have bills to pay and no spare change for exotic and expensive treats.

Why would most Nigerians visit the less privileged with paparazzi only on that day? Some churches will now order you to exchange love gifts, is it by force?

The most annoying part are some schools. They will make it sound like students who don't wear red to school on that day have wretched parents. Why nah?

Besides, where is the love in this country of ours? Let me not go into all the sadness, bitterness, anger, hunger, frustration and traumatic stress we face every day because I don't want to lose my temper.

Sincerely, I find this Val's day concept very ridiculous and annoying. It's just Overrated! Infact, I refuse to dress up in a stupid red, pink or white attire on Val's day?

My advice? Val's day should be abolished. It’s time for us to wake up and smell the coffee. There is little or no love in Naija. Thank you for your time.

Comments

  1. Nikky, Happy Valentine to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I no need the stress so I wont wish anybody anything. But u can wish me with gifts

    ReplyDelete
  3. May be this is one the reasons Jona secretly shifted election day. Whether we vote on Val day or any other date there must be stress. Happy Val's day my people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikky, my girlfriend is fighting me because I post regularly here oh! I have told her to come and assist me fight these follow, follow girls trying to give me Val. stress @ Joy and Ada :)
    Happy Val's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, someone thinks the way i do. Love doesn't have a stipulated day, occasion or season to be celebrated. Its continuous, homologous, concurrent and any other word you can remember that fits in the description. Imagine saying to your loved one that you will only call once in a year, kiss once in a year, visit once in a year, or even perform you obligation to her/him as a husband/wife once in a year. Its laughable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mschew this Abiola must be a lesbian :) That out of the way, Val is for those whose lives are normally boring and need a reason to attempt do things differently

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nikky this guy's just a whiner lol. Dude nobody has asked u not to celebrate love everyday. It just serves as a conscious reminder. It's just like saying that the fact Christians celebrate Easter or other solemn feasts on certain days, these feasts have no further significance or relevance on other days of the year. You must realize that the same way some Christians tend to forget or omit God in their lives in the course of the year, some people are also so busy with their daily activities that they pay very little attention to the ones they supposedly love. So if you are not a member of the forgetful club, fine and good just don't whine and try to spoil the fun for others who are not so lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Val's day everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right Iheanyi. How I wish Nija men will read your comment. Although, most of them will never change. Please, AIDS is really, zip up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nikky, nice article!

    Happy Val's day to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I appreciate all the comments. Personally, I celebrate Val's Day. Just can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi i am Belvin Kushie from US I have just experience the wonders of Dr. Ogudugu love spell, that have been spread on the internet and worldwide, How he marvelously helped people all over the world to restored back their marriage life and get back lost lovers, and also help to win lottery. I contacted him after going through so many testimonies from different people how he help to bring back ex lover back, i told him about my husband that abandoned me about 8 months ago, and left home with all i had.. Dr. Ogudugu only told me to smile and have a rest of mind he will handle all in just 24 hours, After the second day my husband called me, i was just so shocked, i pick the call and couldn't believe my ears, he was really begging me to forgive him and making promises on phone.. He came back home and also got me a new car just for him to proof his love for me. i was so happy and called Dr.Ogudugu and thanked him, he only told me to share the good news all over the world ..Well if your need an effective and real spell caster contact Dr Ogudugu Via email: greatogudugu@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7