GOD FOR A DAY...



“This must be hypnosis!”   

I lamented while shaking my head at the video of a pastor encouraging his congregation to eat  grass so that they can be closer to God?.

“Hypno wetin? Then what do you call this?”

Amanda flipped through her phone and  shoved another image in my face. I stared at the various headlines and bizarre images of congregations adhering to lunacy in the name of religion.

Just when I thought that I had seen it all.  


I was awestruck. Sincerely, I don’t get it! What is the world turning into? Why are most modern day Christians so naive that they would do anything just because a someone on the pulpit said they should? Why would we lose our sense of judgement and fail to read the word of God in the bible when these people throw unfounded theories and dogma at us. Why would you drink gasoline, eat grass, drink your pastors bathe water or do some other insane act to make heaven? If that is not ridiculous i don't know what else is.

What saddens me the most is that; whilst most extremist Christians are seeking for salvation and eternal life through bizarre methods, some extremist Muslims are  engaging in gruesome and brutal acts of terrorism in the name of religion and God.

The radicalization of some young Muslims have left havoc, devastation and sorrow in its wake. We have viewed gruesome attacks, massive executions and beheading of innocent civilians all in the name of Religion. We have been exposed to graphic scenes of brutality, lawlessness and senseless man slaughter for the first time since the history of mankind.

In truth, Modern day Religion instead of uniting and encouraging peace has brought us a lot of anguish, pain and agony. Sometimes I wonder;  

where is the love? What went wrong? When did we become so heartless? Why are we so desperate? Has the pains and sufferings of the world driven us to bestiality and brutality? Was Sodom and Gomorrah worse than the world we know today? Should the practice of any form of Religion be proscribed? Who will save the world from this carnage? 

If only I can be a god for a day.

#peace!

Comments

  1. Sister is it God or god? I think its gods these people are worshiping not God.To be God a day is cool, but do I have to be scared??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikky I once saw a movie of a guy who was given the opportunity to be God..it was not easy for him.

    I don't want to be God. I'm sure you don't want to.

    In truth it's sad what the world is turning into. Killings are becoming too much. About congregation eating grass; they should be flogged..simple

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear, God is seeing all of us. He knows why he is allowing all this.

    I have a dream, that one day the world will be free of violence and there will be no blood on our streets. AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen ooh! The world needs peace. Our children have seen more than enough violence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ejoor ma! D grass de give money? No vex, abeg help me confirm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The world is coming to an end!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7