One NIght



THE STORY OF PETE AND EMILIA WILL DEFINITELY SEND CHILLS DOWN YOUR SPINE.

SIT BACK AND ENJOY IT

**********

“Nikky he proposed!”

“OMG!” I screamed and hugged Emilia tightly. She happily raised her left hand and showed off the glittering and expensive engagement ring.

“Girl we are celebrating this and it’s my treat!” I said with finality. Emilia managed to sneak out of the hospital and we had a grand celebration.  


Pete and Emilia had met at the hospital. He was involved in a ghastly motor accident and Emilia was the only doctor on call when they rushed him to the small clinic. She had saved his life. Pete became fond of his doctor and their friendship grew stronger.

After Pete was discharged, their love extended beyond the hospital walls. Emilia had peace with Pete unlike her previous turbulent relationships. Pete was crazy about his girl. Their love for each other was made in heaven or so we thought.

Their wedding was a circus. All the political godfathers in the country were in attendance. Their wealthy parents turned the wedding into a memorable event and the two love birds were over the moon.

That was two years ago. That was before Pete’s father was arrested for corrupt practices and money laundering. That was before the family business shut down and Pete became bankrupt. That was before the fights, the abuse, the numerous admissions at the hospital and the sudden call.

I was about to have dinner when Pete’s call came in. The urgency in his voice and my fear for the worst had made me rush down to their rented apartment which was two streets from mine. The array of cars parked outside the compound had doused my fears. But that was just for awhile.

“Disappeared? I don’t understand. When was the last time you saw her?” I asked unable to conceal my confusion.

His voice sounded very different. He looked very different. He could not meet my steady stare. I noticed that his fingers were quivering. His mother was screaming at someone on the phone and none of Emilia’s relations were present.

“Last week.” He replied on a sob;

 “She said the hospital was sending her on an all paid course. I offered to drop her off at the airport but she refused and boarded a cab instead.  I was surprised when the chief Medical Director called this morning to ask why she has been absent from work.”

My breath caught in my throat as I tried to fight the sudden fear that gripped my heart. The last time I saw my friend was at the hospital.  Pete had beaten her up as usual and she had lost her pregnancy. That was two weeks ago. I had pleaded with her to leave him, but she had refused. To Emilia marriage was till death.  

“Her lines are switched off. She is not with her parents and you have not seen her! Now people think I killed my wife. I love my wife!” He wailed and tore his shirt;

 “I can’t live without her! Tell her to come back to me!”

I was too dazed to think. As I watched Pete’s mother and relations console him, I refused to accept that Emilia would walk out on her marriage and that she would disappear without a word to anyone. I refused to accept Pete’s version of the story and I swore to find my friend...

Comments

  1. He killed her. She did not disappear at all

    ReplyDelete
  2. People change and so does decisions... e fit be say ur friend dey for one guy man house dey drink Akamu u dey there dey swear lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I believe he killed her too. Unless actor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get him jailed or simply give him to Naija police he will be made to talk like parrot. Stupid man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He may be telling the truth, lets wait and see. Niiky, sharp sharp no waste time with this story :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The guy needs to see a psychiatrist for mental evaluation... For the babe, she simply left to be alife.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7