UNCONDITIONAL LOVE..(Okey's Story)



My Name is Okey. I am an Architect and like I informed you yesterday, on the 14th of this year 2014, I shall propose to my girlfriend of one year and friend of many years. I love your stories and since it’s the love season, I want to share my story with you.

“See fine girls.”

My kid brother whispered in my ear. It was a Sunday and service was about to start. I followed his gaze and saw two very beautiful and gorgeously dressed ladies headed towards us. They took up the vacant chairs beside ours. My kid brother sat up and smiled at them. They gave him a distasteful look and turned away.

“Aint we in luck? God just answered my prayers.” He whispered again.

We? I thought and decided to focus on the reverend and God all through the service. No beautiful Nigerian lady would have time for a jobless fellow like me. To me, talking to a lady was a crime and getting married was a dream that would never come true. So I thought until I bumped into Tina. She came into my life and changed all my views. I became born again!  Read on...

Tina lived on my street back in the days when I was in school. I used to see her during school or church activities. I was never interested in girls. Besides, she was dorky and too spiritual. You can imagine my surprise when a beautiful, slim and dark lady walked up to me during a job test and introduced herself as Tina. I was dazed and dumbfounded for days.

We didn’t get the job, but I definitely got her digits. A month later, she got a job and I asked her to be my girlfriend. Tina happily said yes. Months later, I was still job hunting. My life went downhill and alcohol became my next best friend.  But Tina was always there for me. She prayed, encouraged and made me laugh at every opportunity. She was the only bright spot in my life.

Her friends, family and even I encouraged her to accept any of the suitors who were pouring in for her, but not my Tina. She strongly believed our miracle was on the way. With her help, I got the job that paid peanuts. I didn’t like the job, but she felt it was better than being home every day. I fell deeply in love with her and prayed for a miracle.

You can’t blame me for telling her to leave me. Yes, I was employed but my salary for each month was just enough for my transport fare to and fro my job. With my account in red, I was totally unqualified to be any lady’s boyfriend. Getting my dream job had turned into a mirage.  I had applied in many organizations but none ever responded to my application. I was living off my kid brother who had a terrific job. He never complained and for that I would be eternally grateful. I loved my girl but could not do the needful. I was frustrated.

Late last year, our miracle happened. I got a call from a renowned multinational company and I went for the interview. Today I am proudly employed. My annual salary is best imagined. I recently moved into my own flat, bought a new car and will propose to my babe by the 14th of this month. God willing, before Easter my angel will take her permanent position by my side.

Comments

  1. Na so... What if she don accept one of those guys wey u bin dey ask am to follow and wan surprise u too on the 14th hehehehe... No mind me o, All the best bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okey Nwanne. It is well with u. Lovely story. Skirts like Tina are hard to come by these days. Your story was reticent about one part though. Did you stay celibate whilst u told her to leave you be? Just asking.... I pray she has been waiting for you cos just as 'Trouble Maker'said, she fit don move on. All in all, what will be, will be. So i wish you all d best on Friday.

    ReplyDelete

  3. At a time, I pushed so hard and she left briefly. I was very bitter and had a fling with a girl in my area. she tried dating another man, but it did not work out. our relationships with other people failed so we got back together.Told her about the girl and called it off.

    Tina is spiritual, I love that about her, so its Celibacy all the way. Very hard and I don taya. I want to have kids with my Tina so no more delays.

    Troublemaker, even if you use jazz, she no go leave me. I m very sure of it.
    No more questions abeg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikky our love story must nt b like Okey's..I fell in luv with you on ur blog so?

    Where we go go dis val?

    ReplyDelete

  5. ^^^^ What is this one talking lol!
    Patrick, look elsewhere not with Nikky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emma abeg park well.. See me see busy body!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love is not about money, so love first, but before getting married, its best to plan for the home

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7