All About Love

It's February and as you all know, its the month of LOVE!!

So its going to be love stories all the way. Feel free to forward your original love stories to my email (nikyjone@gmail.com) so I can put them up. Don't forget to include your name.. short stories though.

We are starting with Diana's story.

Enjoy!!

*******************
"I am in love!"

Diana announced the moment she stepped into my home. I closed my front door and watched her do a little dance before flopping onto my couch.

"What did you say?" I asked while taking a step towards her and the couch.

"He is just wonderful!" She exclaimed.

I had actually heard her the first time. I just wanted to be sure that my ears were not failing me.

There is something you need to know about Diana. She is a nerd. A cool headed, kind, very ambitious, focused, adorable, religious, extremely reserved, you can't get under her skin kind of person. The word "love" was not in her dictionary. She detested romance movies. Sci-fi was her best genre.

So when she danced into my flat in a very colorful but beautiful gown, singing love songs on a hot Saturday afternoon, I was more than surprised and felt she had gone nuts or was about to. I had to hear the whole gist.


"Who is this man and what does he do for a living?"

I queried while making myself very comfortable beside her on the couch.

"He is kind, gentle, caring, loving, handsome, funny and very smart! Nikky he is everything I need in a man and more!"

That didn't answer my question, but I swallowed a patience pill. Who could have done this to my friend? May be it’s from her village people! A psychic part of me thought. I smiled at her, but my heart bled.

"Forgive me Diana. But, are you sure you are okay?" I leaned forward and placed a palm on her brow. Her temperature felt okay.

Diana giggled and pushed my hand off;

"Nikky I am not sick. His name is Brian. I call him Angel Brian."  

I frowned, now more concerned than interested in the love story. Could reading heavy volumes for long hours make people delusional? I wondered and decided to give my doctor a call later.

"I am hungry. Do you have any food in the house?" She asked and turned to look towards the kitchen.

"Diana dear. There is plenty to eat but I want you to tell me about Angel Brian. How did you meet him?"

She grinned and her eyes danced. I peered at her and saw that there was something different about her. She seemed to be glowing.

"He bought me this dress last weekend and promised that he is going to get me a gift every weekend till the 14th of February! Can you believe that?" She almost whispered.

Totally unbelievable! This guy must be a "maga" or a figment of her imagination. I concluded.

This is not a movie and Diana is certainly not an actress nor a movie star. Let me give you a brief insight:

Diana is an Accountant, I mean a Chartered Accountant at a reputable firm and a very sensible lady. Our friendship is almost a year old and knowing how softhearted she can be I have decided that there is no way I am going to sit back and let anybody mess my friend up. This love gist just became very personal.

Anyway, I kept my thoughts to myself and indulged her. So after a nice meal and more than a little probing from me, Diana decided to tell me about Angel Brian. It turned out to be the best love story I have ever heard...

Comments

  1. I can imagine how she must have felt #snugglingwithmyboo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't wait until somebody else make your beloved special...discover his/her likes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Know that feeling..makes you feel like singing and dancing..food no de cross my mind then lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo ko boo ni... Una no go leave computer comot outside make real men check una out; una dey here dey snuggle and comment at the same time... mschew

    ReplyDelete
  5. Troublemaker we obviously have REAL MEN in our lives. I think you need to step out so you can meet a real woman who will brighten your life...mschew

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nk, are you sure you are not telling us ur story? Ha n'ebute mmanya soon? Me no go miss am o, even if am not invited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol!! Emmanuel it is Diana's story...

    Don't worry you will definitely get an Iv. No excuses oh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting story! Thank God we have the second part of it already. That is the benefit of reading mine late Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7