MARRIED BUT SNGLE II


I love Sundays. There is something peaceful about that day. I am not so Spiritual, but I try to keep the Sabbath day holy. I habitually check on my friends after morning Mass on Sundays. I call it ;my Home call day. However, that Sunday I decided to do something different.

I had bought fresh fruits from the market the previous day, so I blended them together and made a jug of fresh fruit juice. Being in the mood, I cooked a delectable pot of fried rice and chicken with egg sauce and salad. I m sure I would have won a competition with my little feast.

Eagerly, I dished out my mouth watering meal, turned on the Air conditioner, picked a movie and pressed the play button of my DVD. Sitting comfortably on the carpet covered floor of my living room, I said a short prayer and was reaching for my spoon when my phone rang. I must point out that there is nothing as annoying as being distracted when you are about to enjoy a delicious meal. Sighing deeply, I retrieved my phone from the side table and reluctantly answered the unknown caller. 

“Hello?”

It turned out to be Timi! The last time I saw Timi was when we were called to the Nigerian Bar. He was based in Port Harcourt and was in Abuja for the weekend. Enthusiastically, I sent him directions to my home. Our reunion was undiluted.

He enjoyed my little feast with me and our gist was endless. We changed our venue when Gloria joined us. Her fiance, my neighbour, was out of town so we decided to have a picnic.

Gloria drove us to the Lake side in her new BMW, a birthday gift from her fiance, my neighbour. We enjoyed boat rides, popped a bottle of champagne and since Timi was trying to make a lasting impression, he got us laughing so hard. It was a wonderful Sunday, the best in a long time.

Gloria’s new BMW was unarguably an excellent ride with a powerful and efficient engine. I fell in love with the car and did not want our drive to the house to end. We eventually got home in high spirits; by the waythe sound system was wicked. 

I was still singing along with the music when Gloria squealed. I looked up and noticed that my neighbour’s imposing truck was parked in front of his home. Not caring to park properly, she turned off the engine and raced off towards his house. Timi and I climbed out of the car and continued our unabashed admiration of the beauty on wheels.

“Timi meet my man!” Gloria’s animated voice made us look up and I once again marvelled at this man’s perfect physique. He should be in the movies, I concluded.

“Brendan!” Timi screamed with excitement.

Gloria grimaced and I took a step away from the three. My neighbour’s face was expressionless.

“Timothy!” He managed after awhile. Timi rushed forward and embraced him. May be it was the alcohol in my system or that Timi’s excitement was very infectious, either way I noticed that i was smiling broadly. Gloria moved over and stood beside me.

“Nikky," Timi continued, focusing on me; "Brendan is the childhood friend I told you I needed to meet up with before leaving Abj. I was the best man at his wedding in PH!”

I heard a loud scream and turned in time to grab hold of Gloria’s unconscious body.

Comments

  1. CRIME OF LOVE.

    If you are a single girl, everytime you find someone (guys)that pretend to cherish you, the 1st question is to ask if he is married or in any other relationship! Though the usual answer is "I'm single".
    Girls have been trapped this way severally.
    Eachtime, the story is different. Somehow you may never know that *we are married, and always think we can't be, especially if we say we are not! I think as a gentleman that I claim to be now there ought to be a law out there that can punish a man for conning single woman into a relationship! It is a fraud!

    It is so unfair on women. Severally they have been called rubbish and a family wrecker, when they had no idea that, the guy they are involved with is married. Now tell me how does a woman know if the guy is married or not, especially for the first 6 months. He may only take you to his apartment 4 months after you get to know each other better, and even in his house there is no sign of any woman's belongings, it may be very untidy just as you will expect some bachalors place to be.

    But to be scoulded at by some women and to be cheated and have your time and effort wasted on a married man! Which woman would willingly waste her time and efforts on someone elses husband or boyfriend? Don't misquote me please, when I'm talking about women here I'm only refering to women with dignity and pride, not average Abuja girls (hustlers) that prefers married men because they pay better.
    " Me and Abuja girls? God forbid" I can't even wish them to my worst enemy. ( I'm only sounding satirical here please) let's not kill the truth alive here.

    The men get away with murder; Time, money, emotions of love and caring! All these things cannot be reclaimed! How does anyone think it is fair to steal another persons Time and love and it's always deliberately done! There should be laws out there that can prosecute this crime of love. Cases of Sugar mummies and daddies exclusive, because the actions here are deliberately intended.
    Gloria can borrow a clue from here and know that all that glitters may not be gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wake her joor... I know d guy, he is divorced hehehe. At least u got an opportunity to drive the BMW with her inside... By the way wetin happen to part 1 abi u no say I wan copy am lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol!! No copy am oh!! Gloria survived. Brendan went back to his family and I can still remember his disarming smile..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nollywood ending... I was hoping for some Bollywood though

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...out of fear of losing her BMW!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7