Ode to my Soulmate


Oh my love, my beau, it's been more than 365 days since our paths crossed and you're probably feeling abandoned and forgotten but indeed, I really, truly, deeply miss you. 

The love I have for you still pulsates albeit, weakly. But like a comatose heart charged by a pacemaker, everyday, the lingering fond thoughts of our escapades invigorates my fading memory. You are my spring of life and the thin threads of my heart clings on.

I have come across your doppelgangers but none could excite me like you do. I yearn for your tempting rich fragrances, the way you wet my appetite and the intense thrill of running my eyes over your alluring parade. How can I not remember how you used to taunt my senses and would nearly drive me wild as my desire to devour mounted with each second. I miss how my sensitive spirit  would get aroused whenever my tongue wrapped around your deliciousness and we mated like Shakespearen lovers. Choi! Igbugo mu.

My Sweet and beloved Naija delicacies, this is my ode to you for I miss you innately and cannot wait to run back to a loaded plate of the best pounded fufu with one of our properly prepared traditional soups while I wash it down with a glass of the local palmwine. Truly, you nourish me like the first rain caressing the freshly tilled soil of a farmland and like Oliver Twist, I need more every waking day.

As new lovers woo me, for yes, I have in my quest tasted exotic viands, I pray, do not doubt my unwavering loyalty. For even from a distance, I still long for you. Be rest assured that no other cuisine would steal my heart. You're my soulmate and I will forever sing your praise. 

With love, 
Nikky 💕



Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7