2023 Nigerian Presidential Election: United We Stand


Recently, I met a Cameroonian and the first question he asked after the introduction that I am a Nigerian was, "are you from Anambra?" Lol! 

I was curious and since I had some minutes to spare, I fired questions at him in my bid to get to the root of his initial question. As expected, it paved the way for a conversation about the forthcoming Nigerian presidential election. 

As we navigated the delicate waters of the Nigerian politics, I realized that this my African brother was truly in tune with the intricacies of the Naija Political arena. The finesse with which he dissected the complicated and interesting history of our political modulations, the Bakassi peninsula issues and the current presidential candidates of the different political parties with verifiable facts and figures, left me fascinated and humbled. 

When he eventually proclaimed that his preferred candidate was Peter Obi of the Labor Party, I assumed that he was only being an avid internet follower but the youngman laid out his reasons steming from his trips to Nigeria and an individual research he had conducted to ascertain the veracity of each candidate. I was truly impressed.


As we parted ways, I realized that I found our interaction to be truly refreshing especially since it confirmed my opinion that; Africa and indeed the world needs Nigerians to get it right this time. 

Hence, as we go out to vote on the 25th of February 2023, Nigerians are encouraged to  shun electoral malpractices of any form. We must for once, forget our diversities being highlighted by our divisive politicians and focus on rebuilding our great nation together as one. 

We must never forget the tremendous sufferings of the near past and be lured by the fickle gifts from politicians who are only eager to obtain power at the expense of the poor masses. This is our opportunity to wipe away the tears on the faces of our children, this is our chance to take back the power that truly belongs to us.

We must also remember that whatever decisions we take would have a ripple effect on the African union and our future generations. Therefore, vote wisely and say no to election violence. United, we can overcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7