Who Needs Val's Day Stress?

This Nigerian man thinks having a Valentine's day is overrated...

Nikky, I have decided to share my thoughts on Valentine's day Celebration with you.

Don't take this the wrong way, as much as I love  how most Nigerians celebrate Valentine's Day, I sincerely do not think we should be celebrating it the way we do in this country. In fact I think Nigerians love copying everything foreign. We too like copy and paste joor!

I'm fed up with the idea of people exerting all their energy just to impress a supposed loved one on a day someone else decided should be special. To make matters worse, the story about St. Valentine is vague and shrouded in mystery.

In my opinion, my better half and I deserve to pick a day we consider special. We should not be bullied into accepting February 14th as Lovers’ Day.

What if I want to celebrate love every day?
Why would a girlfriend make her boyfriend lose sleep all because he failed to follow the crowd by giving her a Vals day treat or taking her to all these exploitative shows and events by people who have a plan to make sharp money? Imagine paying 300k for a table with candles haba! We have bills to pay and no spare change for exotic and expensive treats.

Why would most Nigerians visit the less privileged with paparazzi only on that day? Some churches will now order you to exchange love gifts, is it by force?

The most annoying part are some schools. They will make it sound like students who don't wear red to school on that day have wretched parents. Why nah?

Besides, where is the love in this country of ours? Let me not go into all the sadness, bitterness, anger, hunger, frustration and traumatic stress we face every day because I don't want to lose my temper.

Sincerely, I find this Val's day concept very ridiculous and annoying. It's just Overrated! Infact, I refuse to dress up in a stupid red, pink or white attire on Val's day!

My advice? Val's day should be abolished. It’s time for us to wake up and smell the coffee. There is little or no love in Naija. Thank you for your time.

#repost

Comments

  1. I support you. Lets ban the celebration in Naija

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have commercialized love but for me I deserve love everyday

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7