Singles Also Enjoy Val


Hello,

I am a beautiful, smart and adorable Naija girl in my mid twenties who is PROUDLY SINGLE. I broke up with my bf last year (thank God) and I'm still not ready to hook up with any random guy. Simple English; I'm ready to wait for my true love.

See, I laugh whenever I see all the bf/gf Val jokes implying; that day is mostly for "lovers". Seriously who says you need a partner to be alive or celebrate love? My church is planning a love feast only for married couples on that day and I was like; WHAT!? Where's it written that one must be married to be happy or celebrate Val's day?

A girl in my neighborhood was bragging about her new catch and his promises and some girls were awwwing everywhere...like, HELLO! I still can't figure why most girls feel that they have to cheapen themselves and act all stupid just so a guy would get them wack gifts. This our system is really playing games with our minds and we need to snap out of it. Being single is neither a curse nor vile so don't let anyone twist y'all minds!

What am I driving at? If you're single like me (whether you have money or not) just don't dull yourself on that day. There are many fun things you can do without spending so much money, yeah! Do something different unless you really don't want to. Don't sync up  with a guy or girl you are not into, all because you want to get a Val gift or partner by your side, it's not worth it. And girl, don't go slaving around his house, it's demeaning.

That said, this year I've decided to give myself a blast on the 14th of February. I'm going to make it the best date of my life. Best part is that it's on a Friday which means my fun will spill into Saturday (I'm dancing now) It's going to be parte after parte back to back with my friends; movies, hiking, swimming, photoshoots, picnic with my family, and any sane fun we would dream of. 

I nearly lost my life late last year, so for me life is beautiful!!!! Which is why, this 14th February, I'll definitely celebrate being alive and the love of God in my life. That's the best love and I am totally looking forward to a fun filled Val's day!

Signed;
Finest single bae

#beingsingleisnotevil
#single&proud

Pic credit: healthyblackwoman.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7