Laugh & Heal


(Getty image)

Have you had a good laugh today? 

Okay, that bar is probably too high for you so let me lower it. Have you smiled today?

Oh you've been too busy with work or worries so where's the time for a silly smile or laughter? 

Do you know that; "Laughter decreases stress hormones and increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies, thus improving your resistance to disease?" Chai I had to copy that from Google just to explain what you are missing out on.

It's no secret, I love laughing. Infact, I am my own comedian. I find a reason to laugh everyday and the effect is I can go a year without a trip to the doctors. I can still recall the day I told my doctor to refund my money after he told me "Nne Nothing is wrong with you" or is it the story of how my acting career ended simply because I ended up laughing instead of crying on set and everyone joined in... don't blame me, the dead man's face was too hilarious, lol!

The importance of laughter or a real smile (not a fake or forced one ooh) cannot be over emphasized. It reduces your risk of having a heart attack, protects you from stress, obliterates unnecessary anxieties, blots out anger, helps you forgive easily, heals and strengthens relationships, keeps you happy, extends your lifespan and so on.

Yes, Life can be serious sometimes. But  for some people life is serious all the time. A friend of mine said; Nikky there's nothing to laugh at! 
If you are like my friend, I will encourage you to seek out humor, make out time for laughter by attending any comedy show in your town, checking on Google for funny videos, pictures or short stories (lucky us, we have the internet) or simply buy yourself original DVD copies of comedy shows and have a relaxing evening of laughter with the whole family.

Laughter is definitely the best medicine so  do something that makes you happy today. Be with people or someone who makes you laugh. 

Laugh Today. Laugh Everyday. Live Longer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7