5 Days to Christmas - I detest his gift!!

Hello Nikky! I have read your take on gifts and found it quite interesting and real. However, I have a problem.

My husband is the most adorable man anyone would wish for. He is an angel, utterly brilliant, and a blessing in my life. Well, that was before he got converted and joined a church with unusual beliefs. Since then I have been hoping and praying for the veil to fall off his eyes.

Last night, he was delayed at work due to a meeting.  Being bored, I went into his study to select a book from his rich collection. I was trying to decide on a book for the night when a partly concealed box caught my attention. My husband is a disaster when it has to do with hiding things so I guessed he was trying to conceal whatever it was from me.

Nikky I dated my husband for awhile before we got married and we have this tradition of exchanging gifts on Boxing Day over homemade dinner and drinks. It is usually a big deal for us and since we are high income earners, we always go for the best gifts. So, without waiting for a revelation, I instinctively knew that the box was his surprise package for me. At that moment, my love for him multiplied and I was deeply touched that he did not forget. I was about exiting the study when I noticed the box was not sealed.

A voice in my head told me to stay away from that box but the urge to open it was stronger. Without second thoughts, I gave in to the temptation which was too strong for me and decided to take a peep. What I saw left me distraught and disappointed. 

As always, I was expecting something classy and sexy, instead my husband had gotten a cheap and dreadful looking dinner gown! Don’t get me wrong, I know most people would appreciate any gift but I am not a regular lady. I am outgoing, trendy, sophisticated  and my man loves that about me. This year, I got him the new Blancpain wristwatch which I am no longer sure he will be excited about judging from his new religious inclinations.

I don't care that he spends huge sums of money on the new pastor, I appreciate the time he spent getting me a gift, but Nikky everything in me loathes this gift and sincerely I do not know how to react to a gift I would never look at or pick out for a frenemy.

I love him and don't want to lose my temper or do something I will regret which is why I need your help. How am I to react when he gives me this gift I hate?



Comments

  1. Women and spying. Next time stay in your room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha, l cant shout o, u know what , join his new religion ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people are so blessed they do not have any problem instead of them to thank God they will be looking for one everywhere to adopt. Human being self!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikky, I think this writer is over reacting she needs to check her hormones :)Classy lady indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where's the rejoinder? Would love to read you deal with this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7