2016: reminiscing

31st day of December 2016 and I am reminiscing. Not about the friends I have lost, but about those I've gained, my family and the journey so far.

In 2016, I learned to be happier, trust more, live more, love more and worry less. I learned to kick out negativity, place all my anxieties on the only Fixer I know and enjoy Him deal with them all whilst bestowing blessings upon me.

In 2016, I learned to acommodate and love those who thought they could clog my wheels of success  because they felt threatened by my shine (that was a hard one though), but my fixer made all things possible. Did I hear the gossips? Well according to my best musician, Tuface; "if nobody talks about you then you are Nobody...if you must chop, then they must talk..." I must be a diamond so let the gossip continue.

The Psalmist says, "with God by my side, I do not fear. What can man do to me...?" So I ditched all my fears and pitched myself against the tides of life.The effect? A more fulfilled life, awesome friends, reunion with friends from the past (Feddie 98set rocks), regular doses of laughter and no regrets whatsoever.

I must confess that 2016 was a great year for me not withstanding the low points and my human nature occasionally making me feel like throwing in the towel. Somehow God (by the way, He is my Fixer) made a way and for that, I am eternally grateful.

As we countdown to the New year 2017, which is in less than 24 hours, I pray for a more challenging year. A year that will bring out the best in all of us because the best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.

Happy Glorious, Passionate and Colorful New Year to you all.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7