DEMOCRACY DAY!!!

MY DEMOCRACY DAY THOUGHTS

Happy Democracy Day to you All!

May 29, 2016 and I did not hear the usual chant of "June 12 should be our democracy day!" Got me wondering if it's because our brother is now the VP. Nigerians and brotherly love... Mscheew!

Pro-Buhari Crusaders? I admired their resilience. They found their way into all the media houses and were so passionate. For them PMB must be seen to have achieved something. One Chibok girl walking back was not enough. By mid afternoon, I got tired of listening to rehearsed, heated arguements of what Baba did and did not do.

Did all Nigerians travel to the moon for 365 days? It so reminded me of the PDP era... but hey, guess the cross-carpeting and new name didn't change APC much. Besides, who does not know that One out of Four years is too early for blame games.


That early morning broadcast? I m still suspecting foul play. If not that NTA, our digital mirage, still gave the broadcast it's usual ghostly appearance, I would have hurriedly concluded that Baba spoke to us from either France or China. With all the bi-lateral Agreements, I feel like a Chinese already so does it really matter?

In all, I do not envy PMB. Being the President of this nation, whether you are stealing, sleeping or pursuing past gates, is the most difficult job in the world. What's that adage of he that is wearing the shoe... Please help me finish it if you can remember.

I still feel expecting or giving a score card now is just too premature. Am I foreseeing a 2nd term bid? I didn't say anything oh. Let's hope that the famine will be kind on Nigerians. Hopefully by 2019 we would have a reason to chant chain...sorry change. Ignore that, it was a slip of the mind.

By the way, Naija politics is not my concern now and as always, whilst enjoying the holidays, I will try not to get off the fence.

Where is my Telenovella...

Comments

  1. Slip of the mind? Hahaha. Nice thoughts sounds like mine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7