Are You Acting Single While Married? 10 Signs You Might Be...

Are you married? Do you have plans of getting hitched someday? This enriching article by a relationship expert is for you...

Before I was married, I enjoyed the single life. It was fun for me hanging out with my girls almost every weekend, taking road trips, not having to check in with anyone about where I was going and not having to let anyone know when I would be returning. The single life definitely had its moments of enjoyment.

However, after I said “I do,” I acknowledged there were some actions that couldn’t join me in marriage. In order to make a relationship work, I believe there are certain behaviors married folks just shouldn’t do. Here are 10 signs that you may be acting single while married:

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 credit:blog.jiji.ng



Sign 1: Are you flirting with someone other than your spouse?

For most singles, flirting comes with the territory, which is fine when dating. However, flirting with someone other than your spouse could destroy your marriage (even if you think it’s innocent). I have learned flirting is never harmless, especially when married. I’ve watched couples struggle to recover after the initial flirting led to infidelity in their marriages. All those flirtatious behaviors, like batting those eyes or exchanging sexy glances should be saved for your spouse’s benefit only.

Sign 2: Are you seeking attention from someone other than your spouse?

Who doesn’t enjoy compliments or attention from someone who recognizes our assets?  Hungering for attention from someone other than your spouse is sending out a message about your marriage. If you’re craving that attention, then share it with your spouse first and request more of what you need.

Sign 3: Are you sharing too many secret details about your marriage?

When I was single, I often shared my dating adventures with friends. I disclosed when a guy would call, who I liked and whether or not he was fun or boring. Since I’ve been married I am more selective about the details of my marriage. My marriage works best when I remember that my partnership is between me and my husband.
                                                                                                                              blog.cheyenneweil.com


Sign 4: Are you choosing not to wear your wedding ring?

Being intentionally selective when it comes to wearing or not wearing your wedding ring/band is another sign, in my opinion. If you’re removing it when you’re going out in the hopes to appear single, you may be playing with fire. I take great pride in my marriage, and one of the ways I demonstrate that pride is by rocking my ring every day.

Sign 5:  Are you playing hard to get with your spouse?

Making your spouse chase you is another one of those games singles can play, but us married folks shouldn’t. Having to prove themselves repeatedly or having to beg for intimacy is going to get really old really quickly.

Sign 6: Are you withholding information from your spouse?

I’ve discovered that vulnerability is another area where it’s cool for singles to keep some things to themselves while dating, but not so much for married folks. My marriage wouldn’t work if I don’t let my husband in and trust him with my baggage.

Sign 7: Are you living like you’re single?

Coming and going as I pleased worked for my single life, but not so much for my married life. Of course there is freedom in my marriage, but my husband and I still check in with one another. Out of respect, we share our whereabouts. I wouldn’t want him to worry or wonder where I am. It just makes sense.
                                                                                                                                                       credit: rasqoh.com

Sign 8: Are you talking like you’re single?

Going on and on about how fine someone else is, how good their bodies look and what you’d like to physically do to them could be hurtful to your spouse. For me, demonstrating respect is key in a marriage. I don’t ever want to do or say anything that would cause my husband to feel uncomfortable.




Comments

  1. hahaha!! This is funny but true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't mind the old cargo men and women acting single everywhere. They piss me off! If you do not want to be married stay single and stop fooling everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7