He Saved Me...

Nikky mine is not a long story, but a testimony. Some years back, I went on an outing with my girlfriends. It was a public holiday and we hung out at many places. Finally we decided to end the day at the pool side of a popular guest house. I knew next to nothing about swimming but they convinced me to hire a bikini and chill beside the pool. There was a small pool party going on that day and being girls, we were invited to join the party.

The music was loud, the party was rocking and before long my girls were whisked away by some guys.The pool was empty as everybody was dancing and singing along to the latest beat. I didn't feel like dancing.  My legs were in the water, I was having fun videoing with my phone, splashing water and sipping from a bottle I was offered. I didn't know what was inside, but I liked how the liquid made me feel. Till today, I still have no idea what
happened, but the next thing I knew was that I found myself gasping for air inside the swimming pool. I tried to struggle out of the water pushing down on me from all sides but my hands felt like boulders probably because of the alcohol in my system. The more I tried to take a breath, the more cold water filled my lungs and pumped blood to my head. I knew it was over for me and was slipping into the serene darkness enveloping me when something strong grabbed me from behind.

I woke up in the hospital, surrounded by my family, friends and the stranger who saved my life. Tunde saved my life on that day and for that I am eternally grateful.

He took it upon himself to always stop by the hospital on his way from work. His ready jokes made recovery easier and faster. We became close friends and later lovers. When my saviour proposed, I said yes with all my heart.

Today I have two boys for him and our love for each other is still everlasting.

Comments

  1. All is well that ends well. Small girls should not drink spirit near the pool. If I were your dad, I would ground you for a year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love can happen any where even when you are about to drown. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7