I want pepper!!

Children are very interesting and over smart oh.

That was how I went to this lovely hotel just to relax with a client and her very cute son. We placed our orders and before long they served us this very appetizing meal of Jollof rice with peppered goat meat garnished with shredded green pepper and plantain.

I hardly eat. In fact, eating food is always a big challenge but the aroma and a look at the properly garnished meal woke my appetite from its deep slumber.

Sharply saying my prayer, I dug in and was enjoying my meal when the lady's son yelled out

"I want pepper!"

The kid had being very quiet all day and had refused to smile at me and my usual pranks. Confused at his sudden outburst, I looked up and noticed he was pointing at my plate. Haba, why would he point at my plate instead of his mum's, I thought while trying to act amused and ignore that the lady's plate was almost empty.

"He likes pepper." She explained and tried to feed him a little of the rice from her plate but the kid shook his head and continued pointing at my plate while insisting he wanted pepper.

The ruckus at our table was beginning to attract attention from the expat guests enjoying their afternoon and distracting me from paying my plate the needed attention. So, to put an end to all the fuss, I picked up a long slice of green pepper with my cutlery  and with a wide grin, extended it towards his frowning face but that only infuriated him. He screamed and cried vehemently.

This one no be pepper again? Abi he wants the red one instead? (Is this not pepper or does he prefer the red pepper?) I was still pondering over how to order for a plate of sliced red pepper when tiny hands landed on my plate and grabbed the largest chunk of goat meat.

Being very sharp and active, I grabbed his hand, reclaimed my goat meat and Saved my plate from crashing to the tiled floor...Jackie Chan moves lol!

At the time, I did not find it funny so I turned confused eyes on his mum

"Pepper is meat. He was trying to say he wants your goat meat."

Can you imagine that? This boy must be kidding me...
 




Comments

  1. Hahaha!!!! Laugh wan tear my bele. If na me i go collect am put am inside my mouth kia kia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strategy. His mum is teaching him how to be dubious already

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7