I am a Nigerian. I am Not Evil.


Dear Nikky.

After reading your article on Spousal murder, I felt it imperative to add my voice to yours by boldly pointing out that SPOUSAL MURDER IS NOT A NIGERIAN THING. I am a Nigerian, a husband and a father. I have been married to my wife for seven years. In all these seven years, I am proud to say that I have never lifted a finger against her, I have been a loving, caring, stable and by Gods grace and in the words of my wife; a super-wonderful husband and father.

That is why I take exception to articles and stories all over the web painting Nigerian men as uncaring, callous and wife-hating husbands. 

Every marriage has its ups and downs but it takes a real man to keep the flag of his marriage flying. Like every married couple, we have had our set-backs, temptations and misunderstandings but in the midst of them, we never lost sight of our love and commitment to each other. We always found a way to settle and have always pulled through together as a family.

People are always too eager to celebrate evil while Good is seen as INADEQUATE, NOT TRENDY, NOT IN VOGUE or OUT DATED. It is hard to find stories of men who are great husbands and fathers, men who love and celebrate their wives and would rather starve just to ensure that the kids have something to eat.The fact that a few bad, psychopathic Nigerian men and in-laws killed their wives does not mean that all or even most Nigerian men are evil and psychopathic. I am also sure some of your readers will doubt my sincerity and would want to call my wife to verify my story. In truth, I don't care what these people think.

So, on behalf of the numerous Loving, Caring, Hardworking, Faithful, Disciplined, Strong, Law abiding and God fearing Nigerian men who value the family system as entrenched by God, I want to inform the world and anyone who cares to listen that notwithstanding the image the media paints about our country, Nigerian men are not beasts. I am proud to say that I love my wife and dont know what my life would be without her.  

#iamanigerianiamnotevil

Best Regards.

Comments

  1. #IamanigerianIamnotevil

    ReplyDelete
  2. The writer is correct but I hope he talks to bad eggs around him. It is not enough to write a rejoinder here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard but yet to witness such sad issue in Nigeria. Although, it can happen anywhere in the world. People should marry because they are in love and not for selfish reasons in order to avoid this type of horrible story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes despite the fact we have bad eggs there still good one around. And more grace to u bro and u family. May God continue to give the grace to be loving and caring to ur family, Atleast others will learn Tru ur story

    ReplyDelete
  5. This man is correct. The press are always showing us terrible clips of Nigeria. I celebrate my husband too. He is a super-wonderful husband and father. God will keep him alive for us, Amen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7