SAVE THE CHILD

“I was in the room, sleeping when my father called me to warm soup in the kitchen. Few minutes later, he called me to meet him in the bed room. I thought he wanted to punish me when he called me, because I’m always scared of him and my step-mother.


“They treat me bad. Before I knew what was happening, my father had pushed me on the bed and pounced me. He tore off my pants and penetrated me.

“I wanted to shout, but his weight was too much for me. My father is fat and I was struggling not to stop breathing. I was struggling to push him off!

“When he finally got up and left, I was bleeding from my private part seriously. I could not walk. But I managed to call the attention of an elderly woman in our street.”
The woman cautioned her and told her not to let anyone hear about the incident since it is an abomination.
nikkyivyblog.blogspot.com


“Immediately I left the woman’s house, I went to a pay call center to call Mrs. Toyosi Bello in Ogijo. I explained the incident to her,” (Culled from nairalandnews)

Stories like this may sound bizarre and foreign, but in reality, incest is happening around us and the girl child is not only threatened by the society she lives in, but also by those she has grown to love and respect at home. Parents who are supposed to protect, love and guide their children are now predators.

Victims of incest usually lack the courage to divulge these crimes against them because in most cases they are threatened into submission. Child victims are always devastated and suffer from depression, anxiety, eating disorders, poor self-esteem, stigmatization, sleep disturbances, dissociation and anxiety. In most cases, they may exhibit inappropriate sexual knowledge and desires. Simply put, child victims suffer from complex trauma. 

Our Judicial System has gone a long way to rid our society of fathers and men like these. In Benin, a father was jailed 7 years for raping his 12 year old daughter. In Ikorodu, Lagos State,a driver, Philip Michael was sentenced  to 14 years imprisonment for having unlawful carnal knowledge of his daughter which resulted in pregnancy. Indeed, there are a plethora of arrests and convictions for this act of bestiality but are these punishments strict enough?  Are these criminals repentant after being confined in jail for a short period of time?

In truth, most of these parents after serving their jail terms come out undeterred. A case in point is Akinnusi, a Lagos father who impregnated his daughter twice. He boasted before the police that he would get lighter judgment and come out of jail to continue with his daughter. According to him; “It is not a new thing that a man has sex with his daughter and even if I am jailed at the end,  I will surely come out after serving my jail term. But  I promise that my daughter will join me” he  had threatenedIt therefore goes without saying that more needs to be done. It is time for our obsolete laws to be amended and provisions made for longer jail terms as applicable in other countries like South Africa and the US where a Nigerian father was sentenced to 90 years in prison for raping his daughters. 

It is wrong for parents to take advantage of or be sexually involved with their children or any child in their care. Nigerians must unite to fight against incest in our society. Nigerians and indeed the world must work together to save the Nigerian child and children all over the world from wolves in the guise of loving parents.This abomination must stop now!


Comments

  1. Those men should be sentence to life imprisonment. But, the Nigerian judiciary still handle such cases with kids gloves thereby refusing to save our children from this hopeless situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your statement Helen. This is a taboo and should be treated as such. Simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Konji is wicked!! Those men don kolo. they need to see a Psychiatric doc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple solution: Rape the men with coke bottles through the... As for women, sentence them to life as they may enjoy the coke bottle :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is very wrong. Jailing them for 12years will not help at all.

    they need to pack into the jail and stay there till they die. if na back then, na to kill them and throw their taboo ridden bodies into the evil forest.

    this kind of thing brings bad luck to a nation

    ReplyDelete

  6. Evil Generation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is part of the "sex revolution" blowing all over, which is propelled by the West. What happens when people overfeed their sexual urge, when societies deny that self-control is part of freedom of self-expression, etc? Only Jesus Christ can save us,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Most people lack self control. Its not only fathers. brothers now sleep with their sisters, uncles with their innocent nieces. That is the effect Hollywood has on Africans.People are sex crazed. they must satisfy their urge. in fact abstinence is seen as craziness and everyone wants to show they know wassup by straffing a girl.

    I just dont know what point those fathers are trying to make.

    ReplyDelete

  9. I appreciate all your comments.

    Jude Nwachukwu the revolution is over. We are now dealing with the aftermath... Only God can truly save the world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7