EVA (The Story Continues...)

“Thank you for accepting my impromptu invitation.”

“I should be thanking you for making me eat today;” I said on a laugh. “I always forget to go for lunch. All thanks to my job.”

A waiter came over and cleared our table. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. The hotel truly lived up to its standards. 

“I hardly do breakfast, so lunch is a must for me.” Ted finished and met my gaze.

“Food is always the last thought on my mind whenever I step into that office. There is so much to do.”
I suddenly felt like taking a nap.

 “Nikky you need a Vac! Guess what? To show my appreciation for all the good work you have been doing for my firm, we are going to sponsor your vacation to the best resort in any part of the country. Your choice!"...

"What!"

"We will take care of all your expenses. You can go along with that handsome young man you introduced to me the other day. Just pack a bag and go.” He winked and laughed rhythmically.

“You can't be serious!”

I screamed and stared at him with sheer disbelief.

It turned out he was serious. His firm paid for a one week vacation in one of the best resort in the country for two; my man and I of course.  It was the best vacation of our lives. I can't share the details with you, sorry, but Ted added years to my life.  The new, wealthy, generous, kind and breath-taking Ted was definitely a dream maker and my curiosity was more than aroused. 

“What happened? How did a simple job at an ICT firm make you this wealthy?”

I had asked unable to stop myself. He had thrown his head back and laughed richly. I must confess that I was smitten, definitely not by his looks but by his level of success, his graciousness, philanthropic spirit and humility.

“I owe everything to Eva and God.”

His words had brought me back to reality; “Eva? I don’t understand.”

“I never made it to that interview. I never got that job.” He paused and reached over to refill our wine glasses.

“I was attacked by fraudsters on my way to the bus stop. They took the only money I had on me. It was Clara’s mum who patched me up, tended to my broken head and lent me some money...”

Wait a minute. Clara’s mum? Clara, your Manager?”

“Yes, same Clara. Her mum is actually with Eva and the kids right now in the States. She was my savior. She saw what happened from her small road side shop and was the only one who came to my rescue. Before I could get to the Venue of the interview, it was over and I was shattered.”

Ted's tale left me dumbfounded.

He smiled and I saw a man who was one with his past.

“But Eva told me that you accepted the offer. If you missed the interview, what offer was she referring to?”

Ted smirked and took a long drink from his wine glass.

“I love this wine and I always select the right wine glass for it. A good wine glass brings out the flavor and aroma of the wine.It enhances the wine.

He explained with a slight drawl while staring with open admiration at the empty red wine glass in his graceful fingers...

Comments

  1. He is soo right about wine glasses..I can go on and on about them..

    I love the way you narrate ur stories. Nikky you' ve got talent...kip it up gal

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were smitten and he paid for the whole trip?? Nikky Nikky..I swear dis story is censored..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ anonymous, are you saying that something happened btw Nikky & Ted? Hahaha..not the Nikky I know, not even in the next life. The story is not censored.
    Nikky, I like how he never forgot Clara and her mum. Its a rare trait. When life becomes good, most of us tend to forget our past and those who helped us when we were nobodies. I'm also guilty of it.
    I love this story. Nky keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With the way people who seem to know you are beginning to creep up here, I would be careful with these stories if I were u o hehehe... Make u no go chop Igbati

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stories are for your entertainment. So relax and enjoy them.

    I appreciate your comments..cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7