NOT A DREAM III



“Can I have this dance with you?”

He drawled with a glint in his eyes and a charming smile on his lips. 

Na fake oyibo movie be this?  I asked myself and turned to look at the giggling lady beside me. Tina jabbed my ribs with her elbow, I flinched and turned back to the man with the fake accent. His sagged baggy jeans and braided hair turned me off instantly. Trying to hide my disgust, I smiled politely at him; 

“Sorry, my shoes are too tight.”

He frowned and without another word, turned and headed for the far end of the garden.

That was a lie. My shoes were perfect but dancing was the last thing on my mind. It was a Friday night and I was at an old friend’s birthday party with Tina, my colleague. Judging by the crowd, the enthralling mansion and fleet of deluxe cars in his garage, he was unarguably very popular and rich. According to Tina, it was all courtesy of his wealthy and generous father-in-law. Lucky man, I confessed.

The only reason I had agreed to attend the birthday party was because I needed a little break from work and the worries of life. I just was not interested in dancing with the bold strange man with braids and a fake accent or any other man. A soccer star with braids was definitely an exception to the rule. You can’t blame me...

“Is he the fifth tonight?” Tina asked on a laugh while rubbing her filled tummy. “Babe, you are hot!”

She was right. I had been turning down advances from the opposite sex all night. I am not bragging, but I was definitely looking and feeling gorgeous in a daring, short red gown. The attention was as I had expected, the party was awesome, the cuisine was delicious, the weather was cool, I was in a blissful mood, the Disc jockey was off the hook and I was finding it so hard to stop myself from gyrating to the terrific sound. I loved it all.

“Nikky I want you to meet Derrick. He is a fashion designer.”

It was Tina again. She had gone off to mingle and was back with another strange man. His bleached face ruined my mood and I suddenly yearned for my peaceful home and the files I had ditched on my bed earlier that night. A hard kick from Tina brought me back to reality. The man was smiling and his hand was extended towards me. My uncertain gaze met his dancing eyes as I reached out to shake his out stretched hand;

“I am glad that we finally met. Tina was right after all.” 

His voice was deep and I just could not figure out why a man would bleach his skin. He winked at Tina. She smiled broadly at me. I suddenly got fed up and tired of meeting strange men. Mumbling an excuse, I went in search of a peaceful spot. The mansion like the garden was alive and active. I picked up another bottle of soft drink and without a second thought, headed for the car park and the seclusion of my car.  

The peace embraced me and closing my eyes, I let it wash over me. Derrick’s words had brought back memories. Bola’s dear friend had said the same words.

“I am glad that we finally met. Bola was right about you.”

Bola! The name always left me speechless and awake at night. Bola was a nightmare and as much as I would love to be rid of the memories, I think it’s time for me to tell you the whole story;

Her bodyguard opened my door. I reluctantly got out of the car and froze on the spot. Bola came over and slipped her hand around my waist. My heart was pounding uncontrollably.

“You are welcome to my haven. What do you think?” she asked with a smile.

I tried to respond, but could not find my voice. Cold shivers ran down my spine...  

Comments

  1. Your stories are captivating and original..keep it up gurl..I love u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely piece. You should consider writing a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Anonymous, I am the only person allowed to love Nikky on dis blog..Nikky I love you jor. Can I have a dance with you soon? Plsssss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly fascinating. Ur stories are fast becoming my muse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nollywood will love these endless stories of yours, so many sequels to make lol... Nice one dear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah ah, the suspense is too much now. Some ppl have high blood pressure o. Great stories

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7