EVA II


THIS IS EVA'S SIDE OF THE STORY...

Pushing the heavy volume to one side of my table, I rubbed my eyes and yawned. My stomach growled angrily from neglect. I had a lot on my plate and food was not even on the menu. 

My work load had doubled with Eva's exit. Eva! I thought and smiled. She was an Angel, a confidant, a hard worker and a reliable friend. She knew how to get me out of my chair and into the canteen for my break. I just missed her and even my principal was having a tough time finding a replacement. She was more than a colleague.

People like Eva and Ted were rare gems. People of strong character and discipline. Hard times could not break them. It only made them stronger. Their love for each other reminded me of  1st Corinthian chapter 13, Verse 4 to...you know that chapter that defines Love? Yes that chapter. This is not a bible class so check it out if you want to.
Anyway, I'm sure you are tired of my rambling and want to know why Ted was crying. The thing is; I had walked out of the office the moment I saw his tears. Read on...


I could not handle it. Seeing Ted in tears broke my heart.  It was no secret that they needed that job. Eva's salary was never enough and she was expecting their first baby. In fact Eva had fasted and prayed for Ted to get that job and I was ready to convince my Principal to throw her weight behind them.

I was worried, it was dark and the Lawyers had gone home. All except my Principal ofcourse. The woman was a workaholic. By that time, I had strayed to the main gate and there was still no sign of Eva. My anxiety was almost driving me insane. To make matters worse, I had promised Peter I would stop by his family house on my way home, I needed to be home before 8pm and time was flying. Yeah..Peter was my heart throb back then.

Just when I was about to cancel with Peter, I turned and saw Eva running towards me. She was waving wildy and appeared troubled. My heart beat accelerated.

"Eva slow down!" I shouted and hastily moved forward to meet up with her. She was out of breath when I caught up with her. I was so worried but patiently waited for her to calm down;

" We accepted the offer!" She screamed with a laugh and hugged me.
"Ted is on the phone with them!"

What offer? Sincerely, at that time I was tired of the whole drama.

I never got all the details, but from what Eva told me, the firm had made Ted an offer he could not refuse. An offer that paid for their dream house, a trip to Dubai for the honeymoon they never had and a luxurious car for Eva. Their Prayers and steadfastness had paid off.

Ted was actually shedding tears of joy. Today, Eva and Ted have two lovely kids. Eva owns a primary school. I registered Ted's ICT firm, he recently got a Federal Government Contract running into Billions and Eva is still the Queen of his life.

Comments

  1. Something is wrong with this story or is it just me... I think this was an edited version of the real story hehehe... That young man new boss go be "Abuja Madam" wey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babe the real gist in this story was cut off. What's the offer? Why wz he down casted? What is d condition attached to the offer that made Ted cry? Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears of; joy, long awaited job, long dependence on his wife and the day to day street challenges of marriage without a job.
    Congrats to the reigning couble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears of; joy, long awaited job, long dependence on his wife and the day to day street challenges of marriage without a job.
    Congrats to the reigning couble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two unbelievable people, why can't you two take the story the way it is?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Part 1 and 2 no join o! Troublemaker I agree its not just u.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7