RIPPLES E. 7

[Continue from Episode 6]


"Mommy I love Bam Bam and I cannot wait to make her my wife. But she - she keeps hurting me deeply and whenever she acts like this, I get really worried. She is no longer a kid so I really don't understand."

"I am sure there is an explanation for her behavior. My daughter is a princess and knows what is expected of her. But be rest assured that my husband and I will talk to her so you have nothing to worry about." Mrs. Metuh assured him.

"Thank you ma. I'm feeling much better already."

"Oh that's good to hear. Trust me, it's a phase and you have to be patient with her. She loves you."

"I am inlove with her and I promise to be patient."

Mrs Metuh smiled and nodded at Dapo with approval. Chief grunted and spared him a glance before lifting his wine glass to take a sip.

"I must take my leave now."

Dapo hurriedly stood up before Chief would decide to dampen his already messed up evening with more political analysis. Thanking them profusely for their hospitality, he kissed Sade's mom goodbye, firmly shook Chief's hand again and followed Manda, the captivating new maid to the exit door where he slipped his call card into her pocket and mouthed "call me".

The maid's eyes widened with surprise as Dapo walked towards his car while being shielded with a large umbrella by his driver who also doubled  as his bodyguard.

"Sir, Tobi has found her. I know the location."

Dapo paused on his track, grinned and took the car key from his driver.

"Get in. I will drive." 

Sade MUST be his wife but that's after having fun with the beautiful maid. Dapo suddenly felt the fingers of  desperation to have her in his arms gnawing at his heart. His desire mounted.

********"

So what do you do when you are not bashing people's cars and forcing your company on them?"

Kene's eyes darted away from the chaos outside as he wondered if he was hearing things. Did Ice queen just talk to him?

"Are you asleep already?" She chuckled.

Kene moved away from the door and turned slowly to look at the young woman beside him in the car. Her eyes were focused on him as if he were a new discovery. 

"Are you talking to me?" He questioned calmly.

"I can't see anyone else in here with us." Bam Bam retorted with a snort.

"Why did you decide to talk to me now?" Kene's eyebrows shot up.

"Interesting! He is not only annoying but also stupid." A deep frown creased her forehead as Kene's eyes darkened with anger.

"First off I am not stupid. Secondly I don't insult ladies but you've pushed me to my limits. For the record, you are the most annoying woman I've ever had the misfortune of meeting. You are lacking in home training and proper manners." 

"What!" Bam Bam shrieked and turned to face the fuming Kene. Nobody had ever insulted or talked back at her. Not even the tactless Dapo.

"How dare you insult me in my own car?" She clenched her fists and glared at Kene. Bam Bam was known for her strong control of her emotions. She has never lost her temper even when she had to deal with greedy government officials who wanted handouts instead of doing their jobs. Somehow the crazy stranger had succeeded in crawling under her skin. To think she finally convinced herself to give him a chance to redeem his image. The man was crazy without a doubt.

"Oooh please! So you think you can insult people freely and get away with it abi? Lady, you will definitely get what you give. How can you be so repulsive and infuriating? A pretty girl like you should be warm and fun to be with not not..."

"Not not what? You dented my car, ruined my day and I am expected to be fun and warm TO BE WITH?" She emphasized the last part.

"Since this is a regular friendly holiday cruise should I order tea and rub your feet as well? You think just because I am a woman you can walk all over me right? Well you just met the wrong girl." She continued heatedly while glaring at him.

"I didn't mean it that way and you know it." Kene mumbled.

Just then a ringtone rang out and startled both of them. Bam Bam grabbed her phone and tapped the screen.

"Yes!"

"Sade! Who is that man with you? Don't even try to deny it because I can see you clearly from here."

A deep voice grated out from the phone's speaker and pierced through the tense air in the car. Bam Bam looked at her phone and sighed.

Kene instinctively sneered. Whoever was on the phone must really like the Ice queen for him to drive out in the rain in search of her.  That person must be as repulsive and spoilt as her, he thought disgustedly. Besides there's this famous adage about birds of the same feather. Anyway, good for both of them. The rain was finally trickling down and he could not wait to get back to his life before he ended up doing something he would live to regret.

NEXT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7