The Offer - Tales From The Past

(pic credit: shutterstock)
I was still a new wig at that time. As usual, it was not noon yet but my day was already very hectic and all I could think of was my hurting feet which was made worse by the anxiety of appearing alone against a senior.

Ten missed calls from Kelvin. I rolled my eyes as I flipped my phone off. Why was he calling severally? He wan practice his new position as head of chamber with me abi? This guy had no chill! I thought as I made my way to the elevator.

It was no  fault of mine that the court was flooded by Senior Advocates which meant all the Juniors in court would have to wait until they were all heard. I had felt like I was lucky simply because the counsel on the other side was a senior.

The air outside felt so good. Picking a spot under a tree, I pulled out my diary and was going through my schedule for the day when the call came in. It was a strange number.

It lasted just a short while, but I was so excited after I hung up. I went across the street to a nice restaurant and ordered a cold bottle of drink with a plate of properly cooked meal. I was celebrating my new freedom from the claws of a Principal I had gladly termed a tyrant.

The call was from a top notch law firm with huge prospects and they wanted me to come in by 9am the next day for a brief chat with their pillars; the bigger boys of the Legal Profession. I could not contain my excitement.

By a streak of luck, my boss was out of town and since I had no pending matter on my list for the next day, I accepted their IV. Maybe I should tender my resignation before the chat, I thought as I tried to picture my principal’s face when I would hand him my letter of resignation. I almost danced back to the office.

Continue Reading..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7