Surprise 1

(Pic credit: Shutterstock)
I saw her the moment we matched into the company's reception.

Her rich laughter struck a chord as she exchanged call cards with a young man whose jacket could hardly conceal his properly toned muscles. 

What caught my attention was her graceful figure and the elegant crisscross-back bodycon knee length purple dress which clung to her slim but shapely figure and hid nothing from an active imagination like mine. Since her back was turned towards the entrance door and me, my eyes slid further down to the glittering slim anklet adorning her ankle and the glamorous transparent heeled sandals encasing her feet. She looked alluring but odd in that formal setting. My head buzzed;

Mehn, you are engaged to a beautiful woman!! Abuja girls are never what they seem...Danger zone, keep off!!

I dragged my eyes off her and tried to locate the receptionist. The boring marble counter across the lobby suddenly became appealing as I led my team towards the young man with a dazed look standing behind it.

"Hello. My name is Tobi Otis. We are here to see your country director." 

My eyes ran over the small crowd of men and women standing beside me to show we were all together.

"Do you have an appointment? If you do not, you will need to book one." His weak smile turned into a frown.

"We did that yesterday. He is expecting us."

I gave him my card and he disappeared after pointing out the waiting room. Since we had several complaints about their services, we refused to move an inch. As we waited, I tried to locate the flirtatious young lady but she was gone. Had probably run off with her new catch, I figured and trashed all thoughts of her.

Ten minutes ticked by and there was no sign of the receptionist. My group was becoming agitated when another neatly dressed young man appeared. He introduced himself and proceeded without a pause;

"The country director is in a crucial meeting at the moment. However the vice president will see you."

Which meeting? Some of us yelled with obvious angst. The latest young man called David or something I didn't care about tried to hide his unease as the tangible tension we were exuding heightened. 

Even the blind could see they were lying about the directors absence. I sent sn email on behalf of my group and whoever it was  knew we were coming to present our case against their organization and intentionally fled. We were disappointed and ready to demand for an instant refund of everything we had spent. Most of us were prepared for a faceoff. Tempers were beginning to flare when the young man dashed off. He obviously was not equipped for the looming crisis.

Their unprofessional rebuff was becoming irritating and my crowd of activists were gearing up to shut down activities at the company when the same young man; Daniel...Davis...I actually didn't give a shit, reappeared with a warm smile. I was beginning to detest his fake smile and stupid pink shirt. Who wears a pink shirt?

"The director will see you now. Please come with me."

We impatiently watched as he came over to our side of the reception and led the way through the lobby towards a brightly lit corridor. He stopped in front of a door which buzzed and slowly opened...

Comments

  1. Hanty I am patiently waiting for the conclusion. Please hurry up with it

    Best regards.

    Your forever fan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7