Years After The Vows...

REAL STORY FROM A FAN...GOT ME LAUGHING ALL NIGHT. ENJOY IT

For me, anybody that says; being pregnant is normal for women and only the first baby is usually tough for a young mother should be re-evaluated.

pic credit; joveline.wordpress.com
It was my second baby and it felt like my body was falling apart. My waist was on fire, my nostrils were leaking and my husband and I always spent the better part of every night trying to get me comfortable enough to fall asleep. My son had gotten tired of being snapped at for diving into our bed and upsetting mummy and his sister, so his room had become his best refuge.
That morning, I woke up and my body refused to listen to the alarm in my head. I tried to encourage myself to adhere to my usual schedule of waking up early, making breakfast while waiting for my hubby and our son to roll  out of bed, they loved having breakfast in their PJ's; but my bloated body refused to obey the simple command. To make matters worse, it was a cold morning and the warmth of the room could make anyone purr. I refused to open my eyes and buried myself under the heavy duvet.

 I felt him move beside me and knew it was time to get out of bed, but my body refused to respond. I must have dozed off again and we were eating at the dinning table when something soft nibbled and stayed on my lips. I moaned and held on to the softness I would recognize even in my dreams but it drew back and my eyes flew open. I was still in bed!


My husband smiled down at me as his gaze lingered on my lips. It dawned on me that he was already dressed and I could perceive a strangely delicious aroma very close to my pillow.

“Good morning honey. You look better today."

"What time is it?" I yawned. My bloated stomach growled. This baby can eat sha, I thought hungrily

"Time for breakfast. Oya get up, I made your favorite.”

“You…what?” I hurriedly sat up and almost toppled the tray he had placed by the bedside table. So that was the source of the aroma. I eyed the tray apprehensively.

“Easy easy...” He laughed while steadying the tray.

My husband cooked? Unbelievable! He only knows how to boil water and cover a slice of bread with jam, so how and where did he learn how to cook? I was dazed when he placed a plate of instant noodles covered in tomato sauce on my lap which was still under the duvet with a proud grin on his face. I stared at the plate with reservation. The noodles looked unfriendly. I wanted to ask a lot of questions but the love in his eyes, made me shelve my thoughts.

“You were so tired and after the waist pain of last night I decided to help with breakfast.” His grin deepened and my love for him swelled up; my eyes became teary. I felt so undeserving of his love.

“I am sorry I could not make you breakfast…but what of junior?” I blinked away the tears.

“That kid. He said he was not hungry yet he ate three slices of bread and took two packs of biscuits and a bottle of Juice to school for lunch. Don’t worry, the school bus was early today.” 

He shook his head and sat down at the foot of the bed.
I reached for the glass of water and took a sip. If only I could claim I was not hungry like my son. Sincerely I had lost my appetite. Even my stomach that had been yearning for food since I woke up suddenly went mute. Slowly replacing the cup as if I was in a slow motion movie, I picked a silverware and smiled at him; 

“What of yours?”

“Not hungry.”

“Have I ever told you how lucky I am to have you in my life?”

“Yes, every day. Now eat before it gets cold and I have five minutes to stay with you before I leave.”

I grinned, said a quiet prayer, scooped the noodles and dumped them in my protesting mouth.  My eyes widened; as expected, the noodles were under cooked! I chewed with gusto. My stomach grumbled; even the baby didn't want it, I thought as I fought hard not to spit it out;

“Honey this is lovely! Wow you are the best.” 

I said cheerfully with a sudden plan to dash for the kitchen and recook the meal once he left for the office.

He laughed happily and placed a peck on my nose. He was so euphoric and I knew it would be wicked to tell him the truth. 

After a bit of a struggle, I swallowed and drank another mouth full of water while admonishing and hating myself for staying back in bed that morning.

“I’m glad you love it. I will wait for you to finish it okay. Let me call the office to reschedule my meeting.”

He pulled out his phone and my heart broke at the thought of finishing a plate of uncooked noodles.

Help!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7