Shattered heart



"What happened?"

Was his sharp retort. I looked at his calm face and knew we would be safe.

“I don’t know how it happened, I lost my grip this morning and since then it has been dead. It wasn't intentional and I am so worried.”

amsterdamnews.com
Truth be told, I was more than worried. I had cancelled all my plans and have been driving around the small town in search of an expert. I was new in town, confused as to the layout, anxious and tired. 

He looked me straight in the face, extended a hand towards me and I gently handed everything over to him. His charcoal burnt face squeezed into a frown as he spread them out on his examination table and stared hard as if the answers lay within. I nearly yelled; "handle my baby with care!"

As I gazed at him, my mind took a trip to the genesis of my problems; my quack tech mind had assumed that creating more space would solve the various problems my phone was having. So the grand plan was to buy a Micro SD card for my old phone. All I had to do was walk in, pick and pay for a card and walk out. I had parked very close to the sidewalk then took the short walk up the flight of stairs. Breezing into the dealer’s shop, I asked for a Micro SD card and waited to be attended to. That was when I broke a sacred rule of mine; “never allow your eyes to take a tour in a strange place.” The interior decor was refreshing so I indulged my eyes. I let them wander freely around the inventively furnished shop. That was when cupid aimed for and shot at my heart.

The spell was instant. My curiosity was caught and my eyes lingered longer than was necessary. I tried to look away, tried to resist the magnetic force of all that sexiness pulling and tugging at the strings of my tender heart, begging me to embrace the love that it exuded. Our chemistry would shame Romeo and Juliet and something within me yearned to synchronize. I was bound and it suddenly dawned on me that I had to live with and enjoy the amazing features. There and then, I knew it was time for me to say goodbye to my old love and move on with my new heartthrob. I was eager to give up a little fortune just so that I could hold on to that sleek and sexy layer. When we bonded, I knew I had made the right choice. But that morning, as I watched it take the fall for my mistakes, my heart broke into tiny pieces. The pain of not cuddling after two nights was unbearable. Everything would become bleak.

“Madam, this your phone pass my power. You no tell the person wey send you to me say na this kind phone you wan repair? And this your phone never enter market so na to send am back to the company be that. But I will advise you to buy a new one ooh cos the money you will spend go pass the price of a new one...”

His words dragged me back to reality and left me devastated.

"My new Love, My iPhone Princess Plus!" I almost wailed. The resilient shards of my heart shattered.

As I left with my priced possession, it occurred to me that I would have been more fulfilled if I had put smiles on several hungry and desolate faces with all that money. Showing love to someone in need was indeed the ultimate love.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7