Wedding Bells...

photo credit: movemag.co.za
I have never celebrated Vals day with any special man before. Vals day for me always  started and ended either with destitutes, motherless children or prayer sessions in church. I am what people call a church girl. My friends would drag me to events in the hope that I would get a suitor, but it never worked out. I was never relaxed at such events. Many tried to arrange men for me, but somehow these men had different values from mine.

Don't get me wrong dear, you know I am sociable and not ugly nor deformed. I am a very active, fun loving, beautiful and resourceful woman. But all I ever wanted was a man who would lead me to God and not away from him.Years sped by and yet nothing happened. I got tired of sewing asoebi for others. I would wet my pillows at night with my tears, it was as if God had forgotten me. I was not getting younger and somehow my body was beginning to yearn for things only a man could give.



I have always prayed and dreamt of the day I would celebrate and buy Val gifts for a man I cared about, a man who would truly love me with all his heart, a man with the fear of God, a kind man who would be the father of my children. Nikky, God is indeed able. Late last year, a brother I have always known and worked with in church walked up to me with a proposal. I never expected it from him, I even thought he was joking but his mind was made up.

It was not dramatic or eventful. Infact we prayed alot about it. I booked Novena masses because it happened at a time I had resigned myself to faith. instead of going away, he became steadfast and ever since then, my life has not been the same.

As I write this, we have fixed our wedding date and have done all the traditional engagements. He is all I ever prayed for. A true Christian and a gentleman. The type of man many good ladies wonder if they still exist. My dear, we still have alot of good and gentlemen out there.

You have my wedding Iv, so please be there. I love you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7