Till Death Do Us Part...



photo credit - www.african-sweetheart.com

My fiancee met me nine months ago near my family house. I had hit my mid-thirties and my whole family was on my case. All they wanted was for me to get married before it was too late. My friends and relations had introduced me to various girls, in fact at a point I had to travel to another state just to meet up with a girl, but none appealed to me. My case was near hopeless and I also gave up on finding a nice and decent girl to marry.

I was almost frustrated by the whole marriage issue and to make matters worse, I got a call from my parents summoning me home to discuss a critical family matter. Reluctantly and with a heavy heart, I traveled home. As expected, my case was the basis for the family meeting. As the eldest, everybody wanted to hear a date from me. Tired of the whole drama, I decided to spend the whole day at my friend’s house.

Around 10pm, I decided to return to the family house. On my way back, I got a call and parked by the side of the scantily lit road. I was still on the phone when my passenger door opened and someone got in and sat down. I immediately jerked around only to see the obvious surprise in her eyes when she saw my face. I got off the phone and before I could say a word, the pretty lady started apologizing; that my car was similar to her brother’s car and when I drove by her and stopped, she had thought it was her brother stopping for her to get in. I must confess the surprise of the whole episode left me speechless. She hurriedly got down and walked into the darkness. Quickly recovering from my shock I drove after her. I still thank God I did.

I delayed my return trip for a week during which I realized I enjoyed her ready jokes, laughter, awesome personality and wanted to keep her in my life for as long as I could. We decided to date. Eventually I went back to Lagos and after a month, as God would have it, she got a job in Lagos and moved in with her sister. We have been dating for 9 months now and I have made up my mind to live with her till death do us part...

Comments

  1. That's y I always lock my doors once I get in. You are lucky it turned out to be a woman. I wish u all d best man

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. Once you enter your car, press the automatic lock

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an experience I had in the past. the man didn't propose. Just gave me a lift and I married another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very interesting! I guess the lady was also going home for such family meeting and...the two became one

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not good to be desperate at all. Now, he will be forced to marry that lady to avoid his family wahala.
    God help Nigerians!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's another side to it...hmmm. Thank you dear

      Delete
  5. Africans and marriage. There will always be a meeting for someone in the family. If are not married a meeting will be arranged, you marry no child, you have one child for a long time, you have two to three children, you have girl child there will be meeting,or you did not send money home meeting.

    While, in developed world, they meet to invert sometime for the society and people enjoy their lives peacefully.

    Nigerians, please grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting story. This scenario is not unusual. I have had more than one person either hop in or attempt to hop into my car while its steaming and the windows are fogged up. Happens often, especially when you ride in a tinted car.

    I remember an episode where myself and two other buddies, majestically hopped into a green Mercedes Benz, just right after we had exited the Tantalizer fast food restaurant located on 22 road in Festac town. Boy, we had binged on some happy meals and our spirits were quite high.

    I noticed how a comfortable head rest had just popped up behind me, in the front passenger seat where I sat. Not like I bothered; It could be one of those little miracles of life. Anything good can happen when you have just chowed down with good friends.

    We were about driving off, when my friend, in the drivers seat, Nathaniel, popularly known as Nato B, exclaimed, "ahn ahn!! Who left these nice oranges in the center console?" These oranges were already peeled, professional hawker style and would have made a good digestive as they looked good and green to the eyes.... we had to pause for a minute,.... then a lot of laughter as we hurriedly stormed out of the familiar strange car, as we realized that our car was parked, sitting just next to its identical twin.

    This kind of thing can get you mobbed in Lagos. At the time, it was really funny though. We had one hell of a laugh as we screeched away in our original green Mercedes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nice oranges part got me laughing. Good thing the owner didn't scream "olee!"

      I appreciate your comment. Keep reading, keep commenting and follow us on Facebook

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7