RUN FOR DEAR LIFE


Something happened to me recently that got me scared and totally confused.

The meeting had lasted into the night and on my way home, I had stopped off briefly at a shopping mall to pick up basic house hold items. After paying at the counter, I stepped out of the brightly lit store that also served as a pharmacy and suddenly, the lights went off.

PHCN! I thought with irritation. The generator obviously seemed to be taking forever and I needed to get home already. The darkness outside was overwhelming and it would take a long trek to get to my car which was parked at the tail end of the parking lot. Without second thoughts, I stepped off the front porch and hastily walked off into the darkness.    

just don't know why PHCN likes toying with the light and these people are finding it very hard to buy a new gen set even with their exurbitant prices; I sighed deeply while trying to ignore the fear creeping up my spine. Using my phone's torchlight was out of the question as my phone was off.  I peered harder into the darkness while trying to avoid collusion with any object and the few cars parked in the lot. 

Suddenly, I heard a sharp sound and turned in time to notice a huge figure advancing towards me in the darkness. the figure waved, my heart flipped and I nearly stumbled. Clutching my shopping bag closer, I increased my steps and started  jogging towards my car. The shadow pursued me closely and was almost upon me. Pulling out my key, I pressed the unlock button. The beeping sound and flash of lights unveiled my car in the darkness. 
I dashed for the door, pulled it open and locked myself inside. My heart was beating like a trip hammer and my fingers quaked as I turned the key in the ignition. My head lights fell on a grimacing figure standing in front of my car. Who is he and why is he chasing me in the dark?  I pressed my horn and the loud blast made him jump out of the way.  He raced to my side window and waved frantically at me

What do you want? I yelled at him from within the safety of my car. He waved persistently and mouthed incoherent words at me. An article in his grip caught my eyes. I peered closer and realized that he was the cashier at the shop. I hastily wound down my side glass and frowned up at the young man who was out of breath;

“Can I help you?”

“Madam, sorry oh but you forgot your receipt!’’

Receipt? I thought with consternation and stared at him dazed.

Comments


  1. That dude must be high on weeds or dull as my door mat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha @ Tabo

    Nikky he was just being a hardworking staff joor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can U̶̲̥̅̊ imagine!!! Oso a nine bu maka receipt....ℓøℓ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abeg which phone still dey get torchlight for dis day and age? And here I was thinking that Nokia 1100 no dey market again lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Troublemaker u fit download torchlight via BBM store sef..I get front and back tor hlight for my phone oh! which century u dey?

    Nikky ignore dis troblemaker abeg. I for kick dt guy behind for scaring you. Imagine mumu oh

    ReplyDelete

  6. Hahahaaha! I still can't stop laughing.I can imagine d fear u experienced.

    Troblemaker phones still have torchlights. There are free Apps for that online. Guy upgrade abeg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7