All About Love (Lindy's Story)



Lindy's story made my day.
I hope you are touched as well...


"When I look at him, I have a broad smile on my face and peace in my heart because he is the best part of my life. The best thing to have happened to me. Having him by my side makes trials of life feel like a bed of roses"

I met my heartthrob during my National Youth Service Corps.

I was posted to a remote village in the middle-belt region. While I served, all I could think of was how I needed God to make time fly, literally fly. Mid way into service, I met this tall, dark and handsome young man, TDH as the ladies would say. He had the most amusing dress sense I had ever come across. It was love at first sight, I must say.

However, after 24hrs with him, every single excitement or feeling I thought I had, became as dead as a doornail. They don't tell us in the movies that love at first sight does not last for too long. He acted like he knew everything. Acted like "little Mr Perfect". He spoke to me, a fully grown and blossoming woman, like he would a child. He always tried to tell me what to do. "Who the hell does he think he is?" I had said to myself on several occasions.  Read on...

I would go down on my knees just to give God a hundred reasons why he was wrong for me. I am tempted to say God told him all I complained about.... I guess being a patient and observant person; he probably understood my unspoken words to him and altered a lot of things.

So by the time he got down on one knee and asked me to be his girl, I couldn't imagine myself being with someone else. We have been dating for a year and a half now and plan on tying the knot after Easter.

What I thought would be a futile journey to a remote village, turned out to be a trip of a life time.

Comments

  1. Congratulations Lindy.

    I understand that feeling of "Oh who d hell does he think he is!" lol! felt the same way about my bf..so arrogant, so annoying and i told him. could not hide my feelings...but today he is the love of my life and we are living happily.

    God will bless your union

    ReplyDelete
  2. My corper gf broke my heart and married another man upon all the money wey I spend for mammy market on her and all the time. God dey sha.

    Lindy ur story just woke up all d vex wey dey my body. Happy wedlock sha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omo see corper love o; if corper marry corper... make una no forget ask NYSC for una 100k reward money lol. Mr Anony... if to say i know u, i for say make we go drown our sorrows on top our wasted efforts hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Stacy...... Anonymous and troublemaker sorry I reminded you of past hurt......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Lindy! I am happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindy, we are happy for you and wish the best of luck in marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You see as Una miss 50,000k! Una for marry during NYSC. You see your life Lindy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...Lovely,so happy for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindy, best wishes from me too! I hope that I will be invited:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, my daughter. I want to tell to remind you that marriage is beautiful and full of challenges but with patience, endurance, frequent communication,determination and prayers you will succeed. Do not have the mindset of changing your husband but change your own behavior. Finally, take your challenges to God and not to your parents. May God bless your marriage.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7