BURGLAR ALERT


My eyes flew open. “What was that sound?” 

It was a dark and cold night. I had closed the windows and pulled the blinds to shut out the cold and the outside light before falling asleep. I held my breath and listened while reaching for my phone. I blinked steadily so as to get accustomed to the bright light of my phone. Ignoring the missed call and blackberry messenger icons, I focused on the clock. It was 2am.  Just then, my phone beeped and my battery died. Groaning, I tossed the phone to one side of my bed and pulled my blanket over my head. I must have been dreaming, I concluded and tried to lure my system back to sleep but the sound of a window shattering made me spring up. I knew I had heard something. My heart beat accelerated. “Someone is trying to break into my home!” I screamed in my head. 

What am I going to do? What number do I reach the Police on? With my phone dead, how would I reach them? Cold ripples ran down my body and I felt so helpless. I closed my eyes and prayed with all my heart. Another crash followed and I knew that the burglar had gained entrance into my home. I should call for help and my neighbor was the best option. I frantically groped around my bed in the darkness in search of my second phone and suddenly realized that I had left it in the living room.
I was home alone, out of options and scared to my bones. You have to do something. You have to protect your home! A brave voice in my head yelled at me. How? I queried myself and prayed silently. Open the window and scream your head off; the same voice encouraged me.

Mustering a little courage, I threw off my blanket and tiptoed to my window. My fingers quivered and the window felt so heavy. I managed to pull it open slightly and noticed the security lights were still on. That was when I heard them screaming.

Sighing softly, I took steadying breathes to calm my erratic heartbeat and my quaking hands. My knees gave way and I flopped to the tiled floor. My neighbors were at it again. I listened to them throwing profanities at each other and shook my head. “These people no go kill me o;” I muttered and dragged myself off the cold floor. For the first time since they moved in, I thanked God it was their usual session instead of a burglar. The woman screamed and I knew it was time for me to be a good neighbor.


Comments

  1. Lol... Good neighbour by 2am... Buy a Helmet maka adi ama ama

    ReplyDelete
  2. See wahala! Which kind neighbour be this one? I was scared to death reading your story anyway, I think you need an extra battery & a big dog ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikky, you too fear lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suggest you sue your neighbour to court for nearly giving you heart attack. Also, the stupid man will learn not to beat up his wife again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You held me spell bound! Nice one there...you see what happens to the who don't use Nokia: low battery all the time. Throw away that black blackberry...I can borrow you my Nokia...

    ReplyDelete
  6. NIKKY, you kept me stuck in my chair until I finished your lovely story lol! Good write up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! @ Ada you are right :) Nikky, you too much! Carry go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! @ Ada you are right :) Nikky, you too much! Carry go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stories are always clear, flawless, attention grabbing and unique :) Ji si ike nwanne m nwanyi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Appreciate your comments. Glad you all love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up!

    I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later.

    All the best

    Feel free to surf to my site: hairpiece systems

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment.
Click on the Subscription button to get more stories.

NB: Any comment that is not by Nikkyivyblog is the exclusive opinion of the Reader who commented and does not reflect the views of Nikkyivyblog

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7