Afloat Season 3 E. 2


Life is a long lesson in humility.
-James M. Barrie
----------------------


"Tricia."

David's deep voice intruded on her thoughts and she turned cold eyes on him. Staring at his face all night was never the plan. Being forced to eat with him instead of with friends and colleagues was a nightmare like the low budget array of intercontinental and local dishes she would never touch even in the next life. Her dietitian would be alarmed at the tragedy she was being exposed. Her stomach rumbled distastefully as the aroma suddenly made her feel like throwing up. 

She wanted to scream at David for being part of the plan to hold her against her will. She felt like dumping the stupid cake on his head, but held back her anger. Getting mad at a messenger would not assuage her rage

Alex you will pay for this!!  

She laughed musically and and crossed one leg over the other;

"I can see you are truly jobless. If things are so terrible for you, I can make some calls...you know...get you a real job!"

She grinned before smacking her lips  distastefully. David rubbed the back of his neck as he stood up; 

[Don't forget to subscribe to NIB so you can get daily updates of this story and more]

"Its almost midnight Tricia. I know you're angry, but trust me, Alex will explain when he gets back. Right now I need you to get up so I can take you home. Please don't make things hard for me."

"Hard for you? On the contrary I think you find this whole charade exciting. David I've noticed that you seem to crave my company. Is that why you always run over to babysit me whenever Alex calls your name?" 

David's eyes widened slightly at her words.

"You need me to get up? How dare you? Infact, as at the moment, I'm loving this spot and will leave when I'm ready to, so don't you dare throw your cheap macho attitude at me again!"

She berated. The flickering light of the scented candles highlighted her artfully painted eyes which burned hotter than their flames.

David frowned down at her as his unblinking eyes met her steady glare. His long fingers tightened around his phone in his hand as her words registered. He could feel his muscles quivering with the anger coursing through them. She's Alex's woman! A voice in his head persistently reminded. Sighing deeply he stuck his hands into his pants pockets and sneered at Tricia;

"First off, I do not and will never CRAVE your company." He emphasized and took a step towards her; "secondly, Alex is more than a brother to me and I can do anything for him."

He stopped infront of her with a smug smile; "Tricia, I know you hate me but guess what? I don't care as long as I can keep my promise to your man I am good. FYI, the bodyguards will remain stationed at your house all night. For your safety, one of them will accompany you to work in the morning. I will call you every hour on the hour so try not to misplace your phone again."

Tricia nearly sprang out of her seat as her hatred throbbed like a living thing within her. 

Oh, how she detested this man and his lowlife ego! She had earlier told him she lost her phone because she could not get herself to pick his calls. He was beneath their class and should not be seen anywhere around or near her. To think he had the nerves to order her around! Nobody tells her what to do, not even Alex. 

A cold smile touched her full lips as she  slowly pushed her phone off the table. The screen display light flickered off on its impact with the hard mable floor of the restaurant. She grinned widely before her heels dug into and shattered the screen. 

"You were saying?"

NEXT


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentines day: LOL!!

My white Christmas tale

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E.11

AFLOAT SEASON 2 E. 12

Nikky's Diary - 17 Again?

Afloat Season 3 E.5

Afloat Season 3 E. 7